60. Taking a Walk on the Wild Side
On today’s episode, get a glimpse into life as an exotic animal veterinarian—and a sneak peek at the Pet Animal Exotics track at the 2023 Midwest Veterinary Conference.
61. The Power of Trust: Establishing Client Relationships
The key to a positive relationship is a solid foundation of trust, and that is especially true when it comes to relationships with clients.
62. The Eyes Have It: Bringing Ophthalmic Exams into Focus
For many general practitioners, ophthalmology is intimidating. But there are ways to simplify eye exams and make accurate diagnoses using simple tools you already have on hand.
63. Emotional Intelligence & the Voices in our Heads
The voices in our heads aren’t always a sign of mental illness: Sometimes, they can help you become more self-aware, and in so doing, become a happier, healthier, more productive person.
64. The Bare Necessities: Natural Remedies in Veterinary Medicine
Scientific advances have made modern veterinary treatments very effective, but what do you do when conventional options have run out? For Dr. Alexia Tsakiris, the answer is to get back to nature.
65. Til the Cows Come Home: Dairy Cattle Veterinary Medicine
In this episode, get a sneak peek at dairy cattle-focused programming at the 2023 MVC.
66. Becoming the Modern Veterinary Professional
No longer do you need to be stuck, broke, and frustrated in your career! You can take back control and ultimately gain more time, more money, and more impact—both in your professional and personal life.
67. Behind the Badge: Keepin’ It Humane
Though not used as much nowadays, the old-fashioned term “dogcatcher” has had a lasting negative impact on the animal control profession and the public’s perception of it.
68. Picture This: Diagnostic Imaging for the General Practitioner
There’s no need to get board certified and become a specialist to use radiology in your practice. Dr. Marc Seitz has some useful, practical tips and tricks for small animal practitioners.
69. Veterinary Detectives: Using Cytology to Solve Medical Mysteries
Like many of this higher sciences, cytology can be intimidating to general practitioners. For some, it’s just easier to refer clients to specialists. But it doesn’t always have to be difficult!
70. Treat the Whole Patient: Customizing Care with Homeopathic Remedies
Synergy is more than a corporate buzzword. The concept that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts is the foundation of holistic medicine, which aims to treat the entire patient.
71. Explore the 614: Columbus Attractions & Activities for MVC Attendees
The MVC is here! You’ve heard all about the programming, but what about the after-hours activities? We’ve got a Columbus visitor’s guide in this episode.
37. Taking Stock: Inventory Management for Veterinary Practices
Inventory management is something that many veterinary practices struggle with, but when stock makes up the second-largest expense, learning how to properly manage your inventory is a necessary evil.
38. In Case of Emergency: Gaining Confidence for Critical Care Cases
When it comes to emergencies, veterinary professionals need to be able to think on their feet and make fast decisions.
39. Just Keep Swimming: How Water Quality Affects Fish Health
Aquaculture is a growing area of veterinary medicine, but few veterinarians have extensive experience treating fish patients, making an already tricky science even trickier.
40. In the Big Leagues: Large Animal Medicine for Technicians
Veterinary technicians play a vital role on critical care and surgical teams, but are they ready to deal with large animal emergencies?
41. Liquid Gold: Hunting for Treasure in Tinkle
It’s definitely not glamorous, but conducting urinalyses is a necessary part of veterinary medicine—and a critical component of ensuring animal wellness.
42. The Power of Poop: Fecal Transplants for Treating Disease
Poop: It’s more than just something that people find gross, fascinating, or grossly fascinating. In fact, veterinary researchers are investigating ways to turn it into a cure.
43. Digital Marketing Mastermind: Increasing Your Practice’s Visibility Online
In a world where people are increasingly spending their time online, developing an effective digital marketing plan is a must. But with so many options out there, where do you even start?
44. Cat Chat: Learning How to Speak Feline
Known for being fastidious and aloof, cats are masters at hiding illness—which makes recognizing and interpreting their subtle behaviors all the more important.
45. Essential Oil Essentials: Stop and Smell the Healing
Holistic therapies are growing in popularity among humans, and that trend is spilling over into the animal world as well. Is this something you should consider adding to your practice?
46. Coming Home to Roost: Backyard Poultry for Small Animal Vets
Interest in keeping backyard poultry has been increasing—but the number of veterinarians who see poultry hasn’t. How can small animal veterinarians evolve to fill this growing need?
MVC 2022 Preview Series